Main purpose of the job
To promote, secure, develop and maintain DSV services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company in accordance with company procedures, operational procedures and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety, to the satisfaction of clients and ensuring the profit of the company.
- Actively promote and develop all DSV services.
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly within the defined company format.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures.
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Submit an activity/new business report on a monthly basis to the Divisional Manager.
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Divisional Manager.
- Liaise closely with Operations Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times to enhance company
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
- Candidates will have current on the road Air & Sea Sales experience, ideally 3-5 years.
- Sound commercial acumen complemented by entrepreneurial skills and a proven track record of new business wins.
- Your key account management skills will be excellent and you will come armed with good customer contacts in the Air/Sea freight community with the ability to foster sound business relationships across the board.
- A hard working, self starter who has a good understanding of the industry.
- You will be the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business and deliver presentations effectively.
- Be computer literate with a good level of I.T. skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Forwarding or relevant trade qualification desirable.
Click here to apply