Main purpose of Job:
The Business Development Executive is responsible for identifying business opportunities and development of new and existing business relationships. Targeting larger and midsize opportunities and actively pursuing growth opportunities.
- Primary responsibility is to actively promote and develop DSV Road Limited's services.
- Proactively manage and develop close relationships with all accounts and gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
- Complete sales reports, manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- Maintain timely and accurate information for all customer visits and opportunities within the Salesforce system.
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly within the defined company format.
- Conduct daily calls to arrange meetings with potential accounts to prospect for new business.
- Ensure a smooth transition of new business using agreed best practice.
- Meet sales targets as predefined by Sales Director.
- Liaise closely with Divisional Managers and Divisional Directors at the relevant locations and establish a close working relationship.
Skills and competencies:
- At least 2 years’ industry experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of applicable field sales experience (preferable).
- Excellent persuasive, negotiation skills and verbal communication skills in English.
- Comfortable and experienced in cold calling, networking and sourcing leads, also face to face with potential customers.
- Strong relationship building, ability to influence and build relationships at all levels.
- Establish rapport and build relationships internally with senior management team and externally with key decision makers in all positions.
- Strong analytical and systemic thinking skills.
- Initiative, self-starter, energetic and good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed targets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Preferable).
- Great opportunities for professional growth in an international environment.
- Competitive salary with bonus/target agreement
- Great additional benefits: fully expensed company car, laptop and smartphone.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health & safety and environmental sustainability within our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.