Main Purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements.
• Communicate with customer to ensure requirements are met.
• Liaise with other DSV offices/agents in Ireland and overseas.
• Reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
• Arrange with hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree rates where no tariffs exist, maximise cost effectiveness, ensure accounting deadlines are met.
• Preparation of documentation for warehouse/haulage/distribution/shipping department for loading/offloading of cargo to vehicles.
• Perform and implement general administration, invoicing, filing, queries, claims, check costs in accordance with departmental requirements.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
1-2 years experience in a freight forwarding environment desirable.
• Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
• Strong organisational and strategic planning skills.
• Good communication and administrative skills.
• Able to work on own initiative with good interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft word & Excel.