Main purpose of the job
To meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. Competent full operational control of client accounts to ensure SLA / SOPs are adhered to.
- Accepting & processing Import / Export and Cross Trade bookings and communication to required network and carrier partners.
- Checking and issuing all associated documentation such as Master bills, house bills of lading and import & export customs compliance.
- Monitoring International Sea Freight Shipments from booking acceptance, liaising with network offices and carrier suppliers to ensure timely delivery at required destinations.
- Maintaining up to date visibility on all customer consignments and transit variances to adhere to customer service levels in line with SLA / SOPs.
- Pro-active and efficient resolution of all operational problems/invoice queries to maintain customer service levels in accordance with SLA/ SOPs.
- Pro-active liaison with network partners and suppliers to ensure required timelines are met.
- Customer notification and co-ordination of problem solving and resolutions when required.
- Ensure revenue / profit guidelines are in line with budgetary requirements.
- Ensure expected customer service levels are maintained at all times as voice of the customer.
- Issuing quotations, invoicing and suppliers purchase orders.
- Passing airline / Sea Carrier accounts.
- General administrative duties and issuing quotations where necessary.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
A minimum of 3-4 years previous experience in air / ocean freight forwarding is essential.
Experience in both FCL and LCL imports and exports would be an advantage. Account management experience desirable.
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word
Click here to apply