Main purpose of the job
To work with the onsite team to ensure that DSV are providing a safe working environment for all staff on site in a busy Warehouse environment.
To ensure that the site meets all statutory and legal requirement relating to Health, Safety, Environment, Training and Quality.
- Lead in-house training with Managers and employees on the use of Mechanical Handling Equipment / Manual Handling / Risk Assessments / Safe System of Work & co-ordinate external training as and when required.
- Conduct site safety audits and Health & Safety Briefings.
- Co-ordinate accident investigations with the Operations Team sharing key information with the Customer in a timely manner.
- Completion of on-site Risk Assessments / Store Risk Assessments / Safe Systems of Work.
- Review Rack Inspection reports on weekly basis.
- Deliver on Health & Safety KPI's as set by the customer & provide progress report on a regular basis to the QEHS Manager.
- Attend monthly KPI meetings with the client to provide an overview of Health & Safety.
- Co-ordinate and steer the Site Safety Committee.
- Purchase of site safety equipment where necessary.
- Reviewing Safety Conversations with Operations Team on a weekly basis.
- Co-ordination of Safety Promotion Campaigns / Fire Procedures and issue of Safety Alerts.
- Compile monthly Health & Safety KPI packs for the client.
- Liaison with external agencies for example Health & Safety
- Authority, Fire Service / Insurance Companies where appropriate.
- Maintenance and monitoring of all site Health and Safety training records to ensure that all training is complete and up to date.
Desired skills and experience
- Must have a Health & Safety Qualification.
- 3 -5 years previous experience in a similar role ideally within a Warehouse environment.
- Certified as a Mechanical Handling Instructor advantageous.
- MHE Licensed training qualification would be an advantage.
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive information regarding employees/business and trustworthy at all times.
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision – planning, organizing, prioritizing own daily work routine to meet deadlines and adapts a proactive approach to managing Health & Safety.
- Strong organization, attention to detail and practical problemsolving skills.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply