Main Purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
• Collate all bookings and plan trailers to ensure cost effectiveness, to provide the service level as shown within the service schedule and to meet the customers’ requirements.
• Plan vehicles to be used, assessing any subcontractors ensuring the they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
• Liaise with other DSV/Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
• Communicate with drivers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
• Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
• Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
• Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/offloading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner, ensuring all hazardous requirements are met.
• Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, filing, fulfil month end requirements including cost match and or ametas.
• Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
• In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
1-2 years’ experience in a freight forwarding environment desirable.
• Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
• Strong organisational and strategic planning skills.
• Good communication and administrative skills.
• Able to work on own initiative with good interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft word & Excel.
Click here to apply