Main purpose of the job
To identify and achieve the optimum utilisation of all resources to the profitable benefit of the Company in accordance with company's operational procedures, financial budgets and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety and Quality Management.
- Facilitate an awareness and accomplish budgets and targets set within the division.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with Staff, Customers and Suppliers.
- Identify, fulfill and review training and development needs of all subordinates within the departments, through the formal appraisal process and on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively manage resources through assessment of workloads and delegation of tasks in order to meet deadlines and business objectives.
- Ensure problems and or difficulties which arise are dealt with promptly and in a professional business like manner.
- Ensure the optimal use of resources, both internal and external maximizing cost effectiveness and maintaining service levels while continually seeking alternative methods to improve service levels.
- Arrange monthly meetings (or more regular if necessary) involving staff across all departments.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
- A proven track record in Air & Sea operations is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years work related experience. Forwarding or relevant trade qualification desirable.
- Ability to remain focused in a pressurised work environment.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi task whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Be a team player with the right insight to motivate others and encourage change where necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within/outside the business.
- Be computer literate with a strong level of I.T. skills.
- Possess a full driving licence.
Click here to apply