Main purpose of the job
To plan all distribution / haulage vehicles within defined time scales and in accordance with the company's operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
Main part of the job will be planning to facilitate our daily routings of vehicles and liaise with warehouse and partners to ensure smooth and effective service to our customers.
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner to ensure customers’ requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
- Liaise with other DSV operators reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse for loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g;filing; queries; claims; in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of computers, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Liaise with hauliers for the transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment.
- Maximise load utilization - Own fleet and Subcontractors.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
Skills and competencies
The person we are looking for must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and attention to detail. Furthermore, the applicant must be organised, have a good geographical knowledge, punctual and not least a team player.
The successful candidate, who will be reporting to the Transport Manager, will be responsible for various transport related tasks as well as taking part in the daily operation on the distribution and haulage market.
- A role in a successful, dynamic company.
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues.
- Competitive salary.
- Great future career prospects for advancement.
- A professional working environment.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply