Main Purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
The main part of the job is to arrange full load consignments between UK the European markets and increase and develop this already growing business area.
This include sourcing haulage and negotiating prices, cooperating with DSV offices abroad and colleagues within the UK whilst identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover and above all possess a “can do” attitude.
• Arrange and develop full trailer loads from UK into Europe
• Planning full loads to ensure cost effectiveness, to provide the service level as shown within the agreed schedules and to meet the customers’ requirements.
• Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
• Liaise with other DSV offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
• Communicate with and service customers in a professional manner
• Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
• Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure issues are resolved promptly.
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists in order to maximise cost effectiveness.
• Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
• Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
2 - 3 years freight forwarding experience desirable.
• Must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and profit making.
• Good communication and strategic planning skills.
• Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
• Must have good knowledge of United Kingdom and Europe.
• Sound I.T. & Administrative skills.
click here to apply