Purpose of Job
To pick/pack, receive, handle and despatch cargo in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of the client.
Working hours will be on a shift basis and you must be flexible to work Monday to Sunday (5/7 contract) including weekends/Public Holidays when required.
Reporting to the Team Leader/Shift Manager, the Warehouse Operative has overall accountability for daily warehousing operations including receiving, put away, inventory, picking, packing and delivery of stock items, operating Manual Handling Equipment as required and minimizing any losses and damages during these
In addition, you will be required to;
- Work within Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain a good working environment in a safe and tidy manner.
Skills and competencies
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 2 years work experience in a warehousing environment
- As this is a Warehouse role it is essential that you have a valid Reach Truck Licence or are willing to complete training to obtain one, PPT and Manual Handling.
- A Forklift Licence is desirable, but not essential.
- It is essential that you have a can-do attitude where you are willing to undertake any tasks and that you have a good level of verbal and written English.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
What is on offer:
Permanent full-time role, working 39 hours per week.
- A highly competitive hourly rate of pay.
- 21 days annual leave per annum, rising with service.
- Access to a DSV company pension scheme which includes Death in Service Benefit and Permanent Health Insurance cover, after 12 months service.
- Access to DSV Company Sick Pay scheme.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer