Temporary peak surcharges
The holiday season is upon us which means an increase of packages will soon be entering the DSV XPress Network. To ensure the network continues to operate effectively, DSV will be introducing a temporary Peak Surcharge to certain packages.
Effective from 4th November until 22nd December 2018, the peak surcharges will be a flat fee, per package that will be charged in addition to existing rates, surcharges and/or fees. These surcharges are only applicable to Large Packages, Oversize Packages and those that meet the specifications for Additional Handling charges.
Large Package Surcharge Specifications
A package is considered a "Large Package" when its length plus girth [girth= (2 x width) + (2x height)] combined exceeds 330 cm, but does not exceed the maximum DSV size of 419cm. Large Packages are subject to a minimum billable weight of 40kg.
Oversize Packages Specifications
Packages with an actual weight of more than 70 kg, or that exceed 270 cm for international express shipments with a side length > 120cm or a total of 419 cm in length combined. These packages are subject to an Oversize surcharge, in addition to all other applicable charges. Packages exceeding 419 cm in length and girth combined are also subject to the Large Package Surcharge.
Additional Handling Charge Specifications
The Additional Handling Charge applies for:
- Article encased in a box, that is not fully encased in a corrugated cardboard shipping container
- Any cylindrical item, such as a barrel, drum, pail, or tyre, that is not fully encased in a corrugated cardboard shipping container
- Any package with the longest side exceeding 120 cm up to 270 cm or its second-longest side exceeding 76 cm
- Any package with an actual weight greater than 32 kg
- Each package in a shipment where the average weight per package is greater than 32kg and the weight for each package is not specified on the source document or the DSV automated shipping system used. DSV also reserves the right to assess the Additional Handling Charge for any package that, in DSV’s sole discretion, requires special handling. The Additional Handling Charge will not be assessed when a Large Package Surcharge is applied
Contact dsv xpress for more information