Main purpose of the job
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) is responsible for identifying New business opportunities and the development of new and existing business relationships. As a BDS, you will be responsible for actively selling all modes of transport within the Air and Sea Division; XPress (Courier), Air Freight and Sea Freight.
- Primary responsibility is to actively promote and develop all DSV Air & Sea services.
- Proactively manage and develop close relationships with all accounts and gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
- Complete sales reports, manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system.
- Calculate and submit quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly within the defined company format.
- Conduct daily calls to arrange meetings with potential accounts to prospect for new business.
- Ensure a smooth transition of new business using agreed best practice.
- Meet sales targets as predefined by Sales Manager.
Skills & Competencies
He/She will possess:
- At least 2 years’ industry experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of applicable field sales experience.
- Excellent persuasive, negotiation skills and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in cold calling, networking and sourcing leads.
- Strong relationship building, ability to influence and build relationships at all levels.
- Establish rapport and build relationships internally with senior management team and externally with key decision makers in all positions.
- Strong analytical and systemic thinking skills.
- Initiative, self-starter, energetic and good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed targets.
Great opportunities for professional growth in an international environment. Competitive salary with bonus/target agreement. Great additional benefits: Car Allowance, laptop and company phone
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply