Main purpose of the job
Reporting to the General Manager, the Contract Manager has overall accountability for leading a team in providing a high-quality service for the Key Account contract based out of the Naas Facility. The Contract Manager must ensure that the customer's operational and strategic aspects are proactively identified and serviced. The role acts as a customer advocate while seeking service improvements, cost avoidance and savings.
They must seek to develop and increase DSV's revenues and profitability through providing enhanced value add service.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Customer Relationship - accountability to perform on or above our customer requirements.
- Establish service expectations and measurements and consistently review performance.
- Ensuring the efficient management of the branch's financial accounts (site budgets).
- Continuously develop their personal knowledge of supply chain/operational processes, financial objectives and general business acumen to benefit their client and their own personal career development.
- Review and maintain procedures and processes that guide DSV's operational/administration team(s) in support of the customer's logistical needs, helping to establish new procedures if necessary.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, development and discipline of all personnel associated with your allocated account, maintaining appropriate liaison with the Company's HR department.
- Drive service improvement by promoting, supporting and implementing the site's continuous improvement programmes.
- Develop and continuously maintain business plans to identify account objectives, DSV's vision, KPI’s, measures for success, whilst identifying resources to reach and exceed these.
Work and Educational Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years in an account management role or senior operator role.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Degree in Management or relevant business field would be advantageous.
- Six Sigma Training.
- Budgeting & financial reporting awareness is critical.
- Ability to drive organic business growth with proven experience.
- Performance Management experience desirable.
- Strong supplier negotiation experience.
- Successful implementation of a continuous improvement culture.
- Full clean driver’s license.
- Exceptional people management and customer support skills with demonstrated experience of managing people in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Proven track record in problem solving and working under pressure.
- Highly motivated with a positive can-do attitude.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office programs, Supply chain or inventory management applications.
- The ability to multitask and ensure targets are met and projects are carried out to high standard.
- Excellent communication, time management, organisation and administration skills.
- Resilient, flexible and pro-active attitude with strong commercial awareness.
- Ability to introduce new ideas / initiatives.
- Understanding of health, safety and quality practices advantageous.
- Analytical background and ability to understand financial implications of decision making.
- Experience in driving best practice and process improvements.
- Flexibility required supporting business requirements.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply