Main Purpose of Job:
To handle and transport cargo in a safe, efficient manner in accordance with the Drivers Handbook, Company Quality
Procedures and Statutory requirements, in the most cost effective way to maximize the profit of the company.
- Load/transfer cargo onto vehicle, storing, packing and securing in accordance with any specified instructions or customer requirements, and without damage.
- Ensure cargo is packed/arranged in vehicle safely and securely ensuring no damage is incurred.
- Unload cargo in a safe manner ensuring no damage, and in accordance with customer requirements.
- Ensure all required documents/paperwork are completed in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Comply with all legislation/requirements on all cargo types, in particular hazardous cargo.
- Communicate with office/designated location as necessary particularly on advice of delays, problems, etc.
- Ensure that checks are carried out on the vehicle to company and statutory requirements, advising the supervisor/operator of any faults.
- Operate vehicle in a legal, safe, responsible and considerate manner and ensure driver documents including tachograph are processed in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
1-2 years' experience is essential.
- Candidates must have a HGV Class 1 licence.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be customer-focused with the ability to problem solve.
- Good spatial awareness, literacy and numeracy.
- ADR Training advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility regarding shifts as required, including weekends.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply