Location: DSV Road Limited, Naas, Co Kildare
Working hours: 9.00 – 17.30 Mon – Fri (flexible)
Some weekend / public holiday cover required, operated on a rota basis
**Applications now closed**
Main purpose of the job
To meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. Maintain total operational control to ensure SLA / SOP's are adhered to.
- Proactive communication with Customer / Internal Customer Service Teams.
- Liaise with DSV offices / agents in Ireland and overseas.
- Book and engage Hauliers for international transport requirements. Negotiating rates as and when required.
- Book trailers / drivers with shipping lines through various online platforms.
- Preparation of documentation associated with all aspects of the transport function.
- Perform general administration duties, including invoicing, filing, queries, claims and cost checks in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Maintain regular visibility of all transports under your control.
- Be proactive in managing and dealing with problems and day to day queries.
- Ensure revenue / profit guidelines are met in accordance with budgetary requirements.
- Be proficient and accurate issuing quotations.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Excellent coordination skills to work with high volume / quantity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in freight forwarding environment essential.
- Must have Road Freight / Trailer Planning Experience.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply