Freight Forwarder Pharmaceutical Services Specialist
Location: DSV Road Limited, Naas, Co Kildare
Working hours: 9.00 – 17.30 (flexible)
**Applications now closed**
Main purpose of the job
Reporting to the department supervisor the Pharmaceutical services specialist has overall responsibility for ensuring that DSV’s pharmaceutical transport services are executed in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and in line with customer agreements. Operation excellence with profitable traffic results are the key drivers of the DSV pharmaceutical transport services. Performance is ensured through KPI management.
- Ensure Pharmaceutical transport services supplied by DSV Road Limited Ireland are completed in line with current GDP guidelines - EU directive 2013/C 343/01.
- Liaise with Quality department in all aspects of customer / supplier agreements and quality of GDP services.
- Liaise with Sales department in all aspects of development, customer quotations and tender management of Pharmaceutical transport services.
- Ensure customer service level agreements are valid and in line with best practice / GDP guidelines.
- Ensure supplier service level agreements are valid and in line with best practice / GDP guidelines.
- Participate in new Quality Management System roll out Q1 2020.
- Liaise with customers to ensure bookings requirements can be fulfilled as per service / rate agreement. Agree additional rates where necessary.
- Liaise with approved suppliers to agree rate where necessary and ensure booking can be fulfilled.
- Ensure customers shipments are collected / delivered in line with customer's agreements and agreed transit times.
- Manage all shipment issues / temperature excursions in line with GDP guidelines and to customer's satisfaction.
- KPI reporting to customers with QBR follow up.
- Complete shipment administration including customer invoicing.
- Ensure revenue / profit guidelines are met in accordance with budgetary requirements.
Skills and competencies
- GDP champion certificate or equivalent would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Excellent coordination skills to work with high volume / quantity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in freight forwarding environment essential.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Pharmaceutical transportation essential.
- Must have Road Freight / Trailer Planning experience.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply