Main purpose of Job:
To ensure the efficient delivery of services to the customer on site, in line with the Company’s Business Strategy and the effective control of all site functions to
maximise profitability, operational flow and excellence.
The General Manager is a key member of the Senior Management Team and is responsible (with other members of Senior Management) for implementing the site
plans, Operational structures and site/customer specific procedures.
- Warehouse: 360,000 sq. ft.
- Warehouse operating hours: 06:00am – 00:30am across 2 split shifts, Monday – Friday, Sat/Sun if necessary.
- Orders per annum: 13,000.
- Colleagues: Approx. 200.
- Ensuring that the site implements effective and efficient management of all operating systems and procedures.
- Ensuring that the performance of the site in the key result areas is monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis and that remedial action is taken to deal with unsatisfactory results.
- Ensuring that all buildings and equipment are maintained to maximise their value and comply with current legal and safety requirements.
- Ensuring the efficient management of the Site’s financial accounts and the implementation of effective financial control procedures in line with Company guidelines, maintaining effective liaison with the Regional Contract Accountant.
- The control of all overhead budgets for the Site including employment, fleet and other overhead costs to maximise profitability in line with the Site’s business plans.
- Overseeing the recruitment, training, development and discipline of all personnel employed at the site, maintaining appropriate liaison with the Company’s HR department.
- Ensuring that all employees in the site work to the required standards of the Company and are assessed through regular performance reviews.
- Maintaining an effective chain of communication with Site Management Team to ensure operational and financial performance is reviewed on a regular basis.
- Promoting the DSV Brand (and its associated companies within the DSV Group) by adopting a professional approach at all times.
- To promote, support and implement the site continuous improvement program/s.
- Maintaining an effective chain of communication with Site Management Team to ensure operational and financial performance is reviewed on a regular basis, by encompassing daily, weekly and monthly meetings.
- Establish a clear concept of proactive management to mitigate all risks associated with high profile customers on site.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 years plus, work related experience with excellent 3PL/Logistics Operations Knowledge.
- Solutions Operational Background is essential.
- 5 Years of Senior Operational Management Role, of which 3 years in successfully running a large Multi User Operation.
- Significant budgeting and financial reporting exposure.
- Strong leadership, with the ability of achieving and exceeding business goals.
- Ability to lead and motivate direct reports.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- High organizational skills with the ability to plan and manage own time.
- Strong Stock/Inventory skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business and deliver presentations effectively.
- Sound I.T. & Administrative skills.
- Possess a full driving licence.
- Forwarding or relevant trade qualification.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health & safety and environmental sustainability within our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer