DSV is a global supplier of transport and logistics services. DSV has grown to be one of the largest and most successful transport companies in the world through inorganic and organic growth. Operating across 3 divisions, Road, Air & Sea and Solutions, DSV provides quality, innovative and value-added services. We are looking for a Manager to drive growth and further enhance our current service offerings to clients across Ireland. Our ideal candidate is already a successful Manager with a strong transport background with a proven track record at Operational Management level. At DSV we use a range of proven technologies and being part of the wider DSV team will assist you in achieving your objectives.
The Manager is responsible for implementing the operational strategy whilst always delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction with a strong focus on customer retention and growth. They will also be responsible for driving and strengthening the operational teams & structure and ensuring strict governance of industry rules and regulations.
Main purpose of the job
The Manager of Projects is responsible to drive the development of project cargo division. Working as part of a global network of project cargo specialists your primary responsibility will be to coordinate and develop project cargo movements and client base.
Part of the role will be retaining existing clients in line with the company’s business strategy to maximise profitability and operational excellence.
- Route and site surveys including feasibility studies.
- Planning and execution of worldwide project transports.
- Heavy lift and abnormal loads handling / coordination.
- Multi-modal transports.
- Air and Ship Chartering.
- Budget responsibility for Projects for Air & Sea Ireland.
- Maintaining existing contracts.
- Business development to grow the Projects Department.
- Create new accounts; especially convert the turnkey and large projects.
- Create brand awareness.
- Build strategic and long-term relationship with Vendors.
- Develop strategies and new ways to reach existing market and exploit the opportunities to generate more revenue.
- Any other task assigned by the Management.
- Ensuring efficient management of all operating systems and procedures in line with Company guidelines.
- Ensuring that the operational performance of the division is monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis and that remedial action is taken to deal with unsatisfactory results.
- To promote, support and implement the Company's continuous improvement programme/s.
- Develop key performance indicators and metrics by which departmental and individual performance can be measured.
- Remedial action and undertaking root cause analysis is taken in the case of unacceptable underperformance
- Ensuring the efficient management of the divisions financial accounts and the implementation of effective financial control procedures in line with Company guidelines.
People & Culture
- Promoting a positive culture and enjoyable working environment.
- Maintaining appropriate liaison with the Company’s HR department.
- Maintaining an effective chain of communication with peers to ensure operational and financial performance is reviewed on a regular basis, by encompassing daily, weekly and monthly meetings.
- Establish a clear concept of proactive management.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply