Location: DSV Road Limited, Naas, Co Kildare
Working Hours: 9.00 - 17.30 (Flexible)
Travel required to all sites across the Island of Ireland on a regular basis
**Applications now closed**
Main purpose of the job
To ensure the highest standard of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety is realised companywide. The ideal candidate will champion continual improvement and always strive to be best-in-class. S/he will possess the highest level of attention to detail and will expect this of others.
- Delivery & implementation of a QEHS Strategy that drives sustainable improvement in performance
- To influence and engage at all levels to ensure QEHS receives appropriate focus and priority
- Further development of a culture that delivers a QEHS conscious workforce.
- Assessment, review and delivery of the necessary QEHS capabilities and organizational structures that ensure QEHS is effectively managed
- Drive continuous improvement through external benchmarking
- Further develop relationship with regulatory bodies and ensure continued compliance to legal requirements
- Understand the importance of CAPA and effectively implement change
- Carry out all GDP operations in compliance with the current EU Directive on GDP and National Requirements
- Applies concepts, models and methods to make sense of data and situations
- Quickly spots underlying patterns, trends and variances within data and situations to establish potential underlying causes
- Approaches problems in a logical and systematic way
- Has courage of conviction to make decisions when required
- Decisive; takes required decisions with confidence and in a timely manner
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Desired skills and experience
- The role holder must possess tertiary qualification in QEHS Management or similar
- Experience within the Transport and/or Pharmaceutical industry
- Chartered Membership of IOSH would be an advantage.
- In addition to the formal qualifications above the ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5+ years professional industrial experience in QEHS Management with experience in the following areas:
-Development and maintenance of policies and procedures
-Auditing, preferable to a ISO9001:2018 or GDP QP/RP standard
-An in-depth knowledge of the relevant legislation is required
-The individual should have experience of risk assessment, auditing and incident investigation processes
-Should have strong analytical, problem solving and auditing skills
Click here to apply