Location: DSV Road Limited, Naas, Co Kildare
Working Hours: 9.00 - 17.30 (Flexible)
Travel required to all sites across the Island of Ireland on a regular basis
Apply by: 18 October
Main purpose of the job
To ensure the highest standard of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety is realised companywide. The ideal candidate will champion continual improvement and always strive to be best-in-class. S/he will possess the highest level of attention to detail and will expect this of others.
- Manage the QEHS team within IE and liaise with UK QEHS; reporting directly to Senior QEHS Manager.
- Delivery and implementation of the Group’s QEHS Strategy in DSV IE that drives sustainable improvement in performance.
- Influencing and engaging at all levels within the business to ensure QEHS receives appropriate focus and priority.
- Developing and improving the behavioural culture.
- Assessing and reviewing the QEHS capabilities and competencies within the QEHS team and the organizational structures with the aim of ensuring compliance.
- Ensuring unity and alignment with both the IE and UK structure to ensure QEHS is effectively managed.
- Driving continuous improvement through external benchmarking.
- Developing relationships with regulatory bodies and ensure continued compliance to legal requirements.
- Carrying out Accident and Incident Investigations to root cause, assessing trends, collating accident stats.
- Working continuously to reducing accidents within the workplace.
- Carrying out GDP operations in compliance with the current EU requirements; and
- Development and maintain relevant policies and procedures within our document control system.
Desired skills and experience
- Membership of IOSH, preferably CMIOSH or working towards this.
- Excellent in-depth knowledge and understanding of all IE legislation particular in Fire Safety.
- Excellent knowledge to undertake hazard spotting and production of Risk Assessments.
- Auditing qualification preferred Lead Auditor.
- Train the trainer or equivalent training skills.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods.
- Experience within the Transport and Logistics and/or Pharmaceutical industry would be preferred.
- In addition to the formal qualifications above, the ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5+ years professional industrial experience in QEHS Management with experience to fulfill the following:
- The ability to approaches problems in a logical and systematic way
- The courage of conviction to make decisions when required
- The ability to make decisions with confidence and in a timely manner
- Team leader skills
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply