Purpose of Job
To meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. Competent full operational control of client accounts to ensure SLA / SOPs are adhered to.
- Accepting & processing import, export and cross trade bookings.
- Ensuring correct documentation is processed.
- Ocean schedule milestone checks to ensure shipments traveled as booked.
- Customs clearance.
- Verifying and approving Trade & Inter Company invoices.
- Negotiate service/rates with approved hauliers.
- Invoicing and Filing.
- General administrative duties.
- Efficient resolution of operational problems/invoice queries.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Skills and competencies
- At least 1-2 years’ industry experience.
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer