Main purpose of the job:
Reporting to the General Manager the successful applicant will have responsibility for leading a warehouse operational team in providing a high quality service for all DSV's customers.
The Operations Manager is a key member of the site Management team working very closely with other key managers on site to meet and exceed customer and internal expectations as determined within the site business plan.
- Delivery of Key Performance Indicators in accordance with business and contractual needs.
- Effective leadership and management of the warehouse operational team.
- Delivery of a safe, secure, clean and fair working environment for all team members.
- Team building and morale management throughout entire site and operation.
- Select, train, motivate, appraise, develop and manage personnel to achieve total customer focus.
- Maximising operational performance including pick accuracy, productivity, efficiency and space utilisation.
- Drive the continuous improvement culture under 6 sigma techniques and utilise the resources and skills in house.
- Ensure all customer requests and contract requirements are managed appropriately.
- Successful completion and achievement of set operational targets, coupled with implementation of cost-cutting techniques.
- Continuous monitoring and maintaining of entire workforce – people management, review of absenteeism levels, staff turnover, operational costs etc.
- Work with the team in scheduling the workload and in rostering the staff for the business peaks.
- Develop positive relationships with key customer contacts.
- Involvement in the budgetary & commercial processes
- Ensure compliance across all areas (Inventory, Security, Health & Safety and HR)
- Ensure first class customer service is always delivered and enable and motivate team members to ensure timely resolution and services to drive performance improvements.
- Regular audits of areas, procedures, working practices, and supporting the team uncovering, root causing and solving operational performance trends.
Skills and competencies:
The successful applicant will possess:-
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a managerial role.
- Degree in Management or relevant business field would be advantageous.
- Exceptional people management and customer support skills with demonstrated experience of managing people in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Proven track record in problem solving and working under pressure.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office programs, supply chain or inventory management applications.
- The ability to multitask and ensure targets are met and projects are carried out to high standard.
- Excellent communication, organisation and administration skills.
- Resilient, flexible and pro-active attitude with strong commercial awareness.
- Ability to introduce new ideas / initiatives.
- Understanding of health, safety and quality practices advantageous.
- Analytical background and ability to understand financial implications of decision making.
- Experience in driving best practice and process improvements.
- Flexibility required supporting business requirements.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer