Main purpose of the job
The primary role of the Pricing Analyst is to support the branch in delivering a high level of customer service to our client base. The role will be responsible for maintaining existing business and the development of new business from existing accounts. To work closely between Sales & Operations and managing Client Quotations and Carrier Service Contracts.
To actively manage the sales lead generation, distribution, and oversight processes.
Managing pricing processes for RFQ/RFP which do not meet minimum qualifications for Global Tender Management.
Managing quotation processes.
- Working closely with Regional Director & Sales Manager and all colleagues across the business to develop relationships and meet our combined business goals.
- To actively promote and develop DSV Air & Sea Limited’s services externally within a defined region.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures.
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly.
- Proactively manage and develop close relationships with all accounts and gain a clear understanding of customers’ business and requirements.
- Collate information regarding tariffs/rates from Carriers, Airlines & overseas DSV offices.
- Obtaining Spot Quotations from Shipping Lines/Carriers.
- Obtain updates on monthly tariff agreements from Carriers.
- File quotation and all relevant back-up material in customer folders.
- Ensure a smooth transition to operations.
- Complete sales reports and ensure usage of DSV SalesForce system.
- Create and prepare presentation and presentation packs for customers.
Skills & Competencies
Will have a round commercial acumen complemented by entrepreneurial skills and a proven track record of new business wins and longevity of maintaining commercial relationships though effective key account management.
He/She will be the kind of individual who constantly challenges themselves to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- At least 2 years’ industry experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Comfortable and experienced in cold calling, networking and sourcing leads, also face to face with potential customers.
- They will also be computer literate with a good level of IT skills and will possess a full driving licence.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply