Main purpose of the job:
To develop new business leads for DSV Air & Sea Limited from new clients through telephone canvassing, scheduling appointments, visiting clients.
- Sourcing and scheduling calls to prospective customers.
- Telephone introductions of what / who DSV Air & Sea are and what services we can offer.
- Preparation of customer quotations.
- Data input into Salesforce and production of reports.
- Encourage potential customers to accept a visit from sales.
- Analyse database for opportunities for new business.
- Working with Business Development team on specific sector target campaigns.
- Send introduction letters, mailshots and campaigns via Salesforce.
- Assist in the administration of corporate tenders (Etenders), preparation of advertisements in trade magazines etc.
- General administration including weekly Sales meetings.
Two years solid sales experience, preferably in telephone based selling required.
Relevant experience within the Air/Sea Freight Industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Not afraid of cold calling.
- A positive attitude and an appreciation of professional selling.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal, written communication and listening skills.
- Have a polite, friendly and persuasive telephone manner.
- Enjoy working in a target-driven team environment.
- Be self-motivated with drive and initiative.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.