Location: DSV Road Limited, Naas, Co Kildare
Working Hours: 16.00-00.30 Mon-Fri / 08.00 - 15.00 Saturday
*Applications now closed**
The role requires shunting trailers on/off loading bays in accordance with Health & Safety regulations in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements.
- Shunting trailers on/off loading bays.
- Perform visual inspection of mechanical handling equipment and report any faults.#
- Assess condition of vehicle / trailer to be loaded/unloaded to ensure it is safe and suitable for its transportation.
- Ensure all relevant administration procedures are followed and completed.
- Work within Health and Safety regulations.
- Maintain a good working environment in a safe and tidy manner.
Candidates should possess minimum 1 year work experience in a Cross-Dock warehousing environment with previous Shunter experience.
- Shunter License essential.
- Counterbalance & Manual Handling experience would be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer