Reporting to the Supervisor, the Warehouse Team leader will support the Warehouse Manager and Supervisors in delivering/exceeding contractual customer KPI's within the warehouse to an agreed DSV budget, whilst driving health and safety and best practice within the operational environment.The Team Leader will actively support the Team in daily operations ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with Company policies, procedures, statutory requirements, targets and deadlines to the Client's and Company's satisfaction.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Assess workloads and efficiently delegate tasks to staff to ensure that key targets and service levels are met daily/weekly.
- To review the daily targets and speak to the relevant staff on such targets and provide constructive feedback on all occasions.
- To work with HR and ensure that all staff are treated fairly and that all communications is done in an open and honest environment.
- To communicate and work with Management to ensure that the team are always looking to improve processes and to drive the productivity in all areas.
- Maintain working environment in safe and tidy manner.
- Observe and be alert to security and Health and Safety requirements, and take action where necessary, and raise any health and safety concerns to the relevant H&S rep.
- Ensure that the shift handover is done and that all written communications is clear, concise and accurate.
- Promote and drive the culture “can do attitude” within the operation and ensure that the working environment is positive, supportive and professional at all times.
- Candidates should possess minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good level of verbal and written English required.
- Ability to operate independently, handle challenging situations, use initiative and innovation to handle issues and make decisions.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment and balance priorities.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- The ability to work irregular hours and where necessary weekends.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply