Purpose of Job
To pick/pack, receive, handle and despatch cargo in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of the client.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Warehouse Operative has overall accountability for daily warehousing operations including receiving, put away, inventory, picking, packing and delivery of stock items, operating Manual Handling Equipment as required and minimizing any losses and damages during these processes. In addition you will be required to;
- Inspect cargo condition, complete necessary paperwork reporting any damage and discrepancies.
- Perform visual inspection of mechanical handling equipment and report any faults.
- Assess condition of vehicle to be loaded to ensure it is safe and suitable for its purpose.
- Ensure all relevant administration procedures are followed and completed.
- Work within Health & Safety regulations as well as within those stated in IMDG/ADR requirements, notify/take action where necessary.
- Fulfill company policy on security, Health & Safety and quality.
- Maintain a good working environment in in a safe and tidy manner.
- Use of warehouse computer systems.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
Skills and competencies
- At least 1-2 years’ industry experience.
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer