Purpose of Job
To pick/pack, receive, handle and dispatch cargo in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of the client.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Warehouse Operative has overall accountability for daily warehousing operations including receiving, put away, inventory, picking, packing and delivery of stock items, operating Manual Handling Equipment as required and minimizing any losses and damages during these processes. In addition you will be required to;
- Inspect cargo condition, complete necessary paperwork reporting any damage and discrepancies.
- Perform visual inspection of mechanical handling equipment and report any faults.
- Assess condition of vehicle to be loaded to ensure it is safe and suitable for its purpose.
- Ensure all relevant administration procedures are followed and completed.
- Work within Health & Safety regulations as well as within those stated in IMDG/ADR requirements, notify/take action where necessary.
- Fulfill company policy on security, Health & Safety and quality.
- Maintain a good working environment in in a safe and tidy manner.
- Use of warehouse computer systems.
Skills and competencies
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years work experience in a warehousing environment.
- As this is a Warehouse role it is essential that you have a valid Reach Truck Licence, PPT and Manual Handling.
- A Forklift Licence is desirable, but not essential.
- It is essential that you have a can-do attitude where you are willing to undertake any tasks and that you have a good level of verbal and
DSV is an equal opportunities employer