To receive, handle and dispatch carparts in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Warehouse Operator will support the Warehouse Operations Manager and Supervisors in delivering/exceeding contractual customer KPI's within the warehouse to an agreed DSV budget, whilst driving health and safety and best practice within the operational environment.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Receive, handle and dispatch cargo / autoparts from vehicles/warehouse expediently and efficiently.
- Inspect cargo condition, complete necessary paperwork reporting any damage and discrepancies.
- Perform visual inspection of mechanical handling equipment and report any faults.
- Carrying out daily checks on equipment, and ensuring general compliance with health & safety guidelines set out by DSV.
- Warehouse Duties – Ensuring that all allocated duties are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Health & Safety – Ensure that all correct PPE is in use for the tasks in hand
- Perform to measurable KPI’s – Inbound Productivity, Picking Accuracy, Replen/Putaway productivity, Outbound productivity
Must hold valid Forklift License. Previous warehouse experience is desirable, but not essential. It is essential that you have a can-do attitude where you are willing to undertake any tasks and that you have a good level of verbal and written English.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer