To supervise and manage the staff in intake, picking and dispatching of orders in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety, in the most cost-efficient way.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure all administration functions required by the operation are completed correctly and on time to include training records, timekeeping records, accident and near miss reports and disciplinary management administration records.
- Management of staff to ensure that they meet the business requirements
- Assess the daily / weekly workloads and efficiently delegate tasks to staff to achieve completion.
- Ensure that the staff are carrying out the MHE checks and that any discrepancies are reported as necessary ensuring any defect is repaired promptly, and any unsafe equipment is removed until repaired.
- Ensure legislative (H&S, working hrs.) are complied with in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Work with the Inventory team to ensure that the stock integrity is correct at all times, and that the system reflects actual.
- Prioritise staff resources to assist with and complete tasks, according to workload.
- Ensure all relevant administration procedures are followed and completed satisfactorily, to the required company standard.
- Ensure that the housekeeping standards are met in all areas.
- Identify, fulfill and review training and development needs of all work colleagues within the operation, through the formal appraisal process and on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively contribute to management of warehouse through identifying and communication potential improvements to operating and productivity practices.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams and to build strong cross functional relationships and a strong and positive culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively with managers and colleagues at all levels.
- Proven experience in driving continuous improvement.
- Previous experience on WMS and managing KPIs.
- Management experience in a similar setting.
- The ability to identify and solve problems using own initiative and by communicating with others.
- Knowledge of distribution centre operational systems and knowledge of specific processes in relation to H&S.
- Previous Supervisory / Team Leader experience minimum of 3 years experience within a system/ process and KPI driven warehouse operation environment.
- Previous WMS experience essential although training will be provided.
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Some flexibility on working hours especially around Peak Period (Oct to Dec).
- The ability to work to a tight timetable whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Operation process understanding coupled with spatial awareness.
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally.
- Numeracy and excellent record keeping skills. /Strong PC skills.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer