As a Global Provider of Transport and Logistics, this is a fantastic opportunity for candidates interested in furthering their career in DSV to gain practical experience and a real insight into fast-paced freight forwarding operations.
Full on-the-job training will be provided.
Young DSV website
Working in the Transport Business:
As a trainee in DSV, you will be working across borders, cultures and languages. From the very beginning, you will be given responsibility for your own shipments, hauliers and customers. Every day will present new challenges, and we trust that you will be able to deal with them. In DSV we also value team spirit, so you will never be alone, a colleague will always be there to support you.
The programme for young freight forwarders in DSV is a 2-year journey. During those two years, you will follow a structured plan consisting of a lot of “on the job” training. You will have regular follow-up meetings with your immediate manager in order to ensure that you are “on track” and that you improve your skills according to the plan. The theoretical part of the programme consists of 8 different modules where you will meet other young trainees from DSV. The last module is your final project followed by an exam. When you have passed the exam, you will receive a formally recognised qualification to prove that you are a fully skilled Freight Forwarder.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities during the Programme:
- Completion of all assignments and exams associated with the Young DSV Programme within any given timescales.
- Planning & routing vehicles to optimum capacity.
- Receive and accurately enter Bookings on Companies TMS.
- Communicate with Customers & internal departments via e-mail & telephone.
- Arrange Haulage and Shipping according to company's procedures.
- Book in with End User.
- Ensuring deliveries are completed within the agreed timelines.
- POD Control.
- Invoicing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inputting of Accruals on the company’s internal system.
- Calculate and submit quotations in accordance with current procedures.
- Create and maintain KPIs through the company's systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Non Conformance Reporting when needed.
- General Day to Day administrative duties.
- Update Management Team of daily/weekly trends.
Desired skills and experience:
- In DSV we are driven by results. Therefore, we are looking for young people who are ambitious, curious, willing to learn and interested in the transport industry.
- Successful completion of Leaving Certificate.
- Committed to the 2 year programme and all associated requirements i.e. assignments and exams must be delivered by you.
- It is important that you can be tough when needed and that you really enjoy working in a busy and unpredictable environment. You must be prepared to expect the unexpected.
- You must be fluent in English, written as well as oral.
- Ability to work with customers in a polite and efficient manner.
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter that can work individually and as part of a team.
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer